Soba Noodles with Snap Peas and Shrimp - refreshing, yet satisfying. Can be eating warm or at room temperature. Serves 4.
• 6 ounces soba (buckwheat) noodles
• 1 tablespoon sesame oil
• 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
• 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
• 1/2 pound snap peas, thinly sliced
• 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1. Cook noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes. Then drain, toss with 2 teaspoons sesame oil, and set aside.
2. In large sauté pan or wok, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger, shrimp, and carrots, and cook until shrimp are pink on each side, about 1-2 minutes per side. Stir in remaining sesame oil, snap peas, soy sauce, and rice vinegar and cook another 2-3 minutes.
3. Toss noodles into pan quickly and then remove from heat and serve.
Recipe created for Bon Appétit’s Food for Your Well-Being program theme, “In Balance: Choose a Combination of Fruits, Vegetables, Whole Grains, and Lean Protein”.